The following statement of objectives for the Tri-County Diabetes Alliances will follow the Healthy People 2020 guidelines:
D HP2020-14: Increase the proportion of persons with diagnosed diabetes who receive formal diabetes education.
D HP2020-15: Increase the proportion of adults with diabetes whose condition has been diagnosed.
D HP2020-16: Increase prevention behaviors in persons at high risk for diabetes and those with prediabetes.
I. The Tri-County Diabetes Alliance will identify individuals at risk of developing prediabetes and diabetes in the Tri-County region of Somerset, Wicomico , and Worcester Counties in Maryland.
Objective 1: The Tri-County Diabetes Alliance will identify individuals at risk by assisting tri county area residents in completing the CDC Prediabetes Risk test.
1. The Tri-County Diabetes Alliance and its partner members will identify individuals at risk for prediabetes by assisting individuals in completing the CDC Prediabetes Risk Test at a variety of settings throughout the tri-county region.
2. The Tri-County Diabetes Alliance members will refer at the time of screening those individuals found to be 'at risk' for developing prediabetes using the CDC Prediabetes Risk test. Using the Tri-County Diabetes Alliance Referral form partners and members will refer individuals to appropriate resources and programs.
3. The Tri-County Diabetes Alliance members will collectively work to increase awareness of prediabetes through promotion to providers and the public.
II. The Tri-County Diabetes will educate and provide prediabetes and diabetes management information to health care provides, the general community, and underserved individuals.
Objective 1: The Tri-County Diabetes Alliance will educate and provide community information to individuals through prediabetes and diabetes management and activities including but not limited to the following:
1. Create a Tri-County Diabetes Alliance rack card which will promote prevention and management programs offered in the tri county area.
2.Expand venues for distribution of Tri-County Diabetes Alliance resources,
3. Update the Tri-County Diabetes Alliance media sites.
4. Promote activities focused on developing and implementing health behaviors including healthy eating and physical activity.
5. Explore funding and resources to expand prediabetes and diabetes education.
Objective 2: The Tri-County Diabetes Alliance will provide awareness to health care professionals about local resources for effective management of prediabetes and diabetes, reaching health professionals in the tri-county area including but not limited to the following:
1. Provide office visits and participate in speaking engagements.
2. Increase referral of appropriate patients for prediabetes and diabetes self-management programs.